We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to be part of our Sales team.
Forma.ai is a Series A startup based in Toronto that’s reinventing sales intelligence for leading enterprise organizations. Forma.ai helps Fortune 500 companies automate and optimize sales compensation and critical sales operations functions.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We’re welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
About the team:
The Sales team at Forma.ai is led by our SVP, Lisa Welch. They’re the first point of contact between our customers and our platform. This team truly understands the importance of having a human approach when connecting with corporate leaders.
The Sales team works to fully qualify and understand the needs and unique compensation plans of our enterprise prospects. From there, they provide stakeholders and key decision makers with unparalleled knowledge of Forma.ai’s platform so that they can see how our platform adds value to their organization.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the SVP of Sales, the Sales Engineer will support Account Executives in growing our client base with a focus on Fortune 500 customers. They will use their in-depth understanding of our platform and prospect needs to develop the appropriate solution footprint and benefit assessment. The role will require you to collaborate with a wide range of cross-functional teams to gain a holistic understanding of Forma.ai’s technical capabilities and successfully connect the dots to craft solutions that match the needs of our diverse customer base.
In addition to supporting Account Executives with demos, Sales Engineers research the sales compensation industry to stay ahead of the curve on how automation is transforming sales compensation and improving sales performance. This role is right for you if you’re someone who thrives in an environment with lots of autonomy and room to help shape organizational strategy.
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be contributing in the following areas:
- Obtain a deep technical understanding of the Forma.ai platform (architecture, features and functionality, integration with other platforms)
- Detailed technical competitive knowledge, understanding the industry and players, knowing how to position Forma.ai as the best alternative (outcomes / value in Forma.ai relative to competition)
- Deep understanding of our implementation and onboarding processes, and operational support model to articulate the how (whereas sellers are expected to articulate the value in our support model)
- Deep subject matter knowledge in sales compensation administration, plan design best practices, quota setting processes and territory design best practices (supported by rev opt / professional services)
- Curiosity, problem solving and communication skills to discover customer needs, figure out how Forma.ai can solve their problems and communicate that succinctly and effectively
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in compensation design and administration
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Experience identifying areas for process improvement and developing solutions that drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Highly skilled problem-solving abilities (quantitative and conceptual)
- Experience with 1st generation incentive compensation enablement tools (i.e., Xactly, Varicent or Callidus SAP)
- Work well, together. We’re real. We have kids and pets. Mortgages and student loans. We’re in this together, so no matter how brilliant any one of us is, we always play nice with one another – no exceptions.
- Be precise. Be relentless. We believe complacency breeds failure, so we set new goals as quickly as we achieve them. We persist in the face of adversity, learn from our mistakes, and push each other to continuously improve. The status-quo is kryptonite.
- Love our tech. Love our customers. Our platform solves a very complex problem in a currently underserved market. While everyone at Forma isn’t customer-facing, we’re all customer-focused. Maybe even slightly customer-obsessed.
Our commitment to you:
At Forma.ai, we’re diverse by design. We’re committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to have a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We’ll work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of effort. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. There are many paths to a successful career and we’re looking forward to reading yours.
Please note all interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest.