We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to be part of our Sales team.
Forma.ai is a Series A startup based in Toronto that’s reinventing sales intelligence for leading enterprise organizations. Forma.ai helps Fortune 500 companies automate and optimize sales compensation and critical sales operations functions.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We’re welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
About the team:
The Sales team at Forma.ai is led by our SVP, Lisa Welch. They’re the first point of contact between our customers and our platform. This team truly understands the importance of having a human approach when connecting with corporate leaders.
The Sales team works to fully qualify and understand the needs and unique compensation plans of our enterprise prospects. From there, they provide stakeholders and key decision-makers with unparalleled knowledge of Forma.ai’s platform so that they can see how our platform adds value to their organization.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Manager of Business Development, the Business Development Representative will prospect high-value sales opportunities. You’ll use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with prospective clients while telling them the value of Forma.ai.
As a Business Development Representative, you’ll be contributing in the following areas:
- Prospecting targeted leads and developing new sales campaigns
- Educating, qualifying, and nurturing leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Create email cadences and prospect with potential customers via telephone and email
- Help transition leads throughout deal stages, providing support as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in pre-sales, sales, or cold-calling experience
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets in a goal-driven environment
- Drive to navigate large, complex organizations to share your knowledge about Forma.ai
- Ability to listen and synthesize prospect needs and tie the Forma.ai solutions where applicable
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Skill for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation. In addition to your base salary, you’ll join our employee stock ownership plan to further recognize your contributions to Forma.ai’s success
- Healthcare coverage. We have a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a paid parental leave program
- Minimum vacation. All Formadillos (yup, that’s what we call ourselves!) are entitled to a minimum of 15 days vacation so you can rest and recharge
- Learning and development. Access the resources you want to help you grow in your role by utilizing our $750 yearly training stipend
- Open communication. You’ll get to participate in weekly, company-wide stand-ups to understand our organizational priorities better
- Growth. You’ll have a huge opportunity to build a career for yourself and gain the type of experience you’re looking for – whether that’s as an individual contributor or as a people leader
- Work flexibility. Formadillos have the option to work where they are most productive, whether that’s in our Toronto office, from their home across Canada, or a combination of both
- Work well, together. We’re real. We have kids and pets. Mortgages and student loans. We’re in this together, so no matter how brilliant any one of us is, we always play nice with one another – no exceptions.
- Be precise. Be relentless. We believe complacency breeds failure, so we set new goals as quickly as we achieve them. We persist in the face of adversity, learn from our mistakes, and push each other to continuously improve. The status-quo is kryptonite.
- Love our tech. Love our customers. Our platform solves a very complex problem in a currently underserved market. While everyone at Forma isn’t customer-facing, we’re all customer-focused. Maybe even slightly customer-obsessed.
Our commitment to you:
At Forma.ai, we’re diverse by design. We’re committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to have a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We’ll work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of effort. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. There are many paths to a successful career and we’re looking forward to reading yours.
Please note all interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest.