We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be part of our Finance team.
Forma.ai is a Series A startup based in Toronto that’s reinventing sales intelligence for leading enterprise organizations. Forma.ai helps Fortune 500 companies automate and optimize sales compensation and critical sales operations functions.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We’re welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst will help scale our rapidly growing organization. You’ll provide financial and operational support by working closely with the leaders of Forma.ai’s various financial teams including Finance Operations, Financial Reporting and Accounting, and Revenue Operations.
You’ll succeed in this role if you’re accountable, like to build processes and have an innate ability to manage multiple projects and multiple stakeholders with minimal guidance.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you’ll contribute in the following areas:
- Support FP&A activities and modelling
- Support AR and AP
- Support the month-end close process
- Support the external audit process
- Support financial systems implementations
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled
- Payroll preparation and Employee Expense Management
- Prepare sections of the financial statements and board / investor materials
- Coordinate with HR in activities such as employee onboarding and benefits administration
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and projects to key business partners for decision-making analysis
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, large accounting firm experience is an advantage
- CPA qualified or CPA candidate
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Highly flexible and able to take ownership of analysis projects from start to finish
- Problem solving mentality that strives for continuous improvement
- Experience with Xero and Ceridian Dayforce is a plus
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/SaaS organization is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation. In addition to your base salary, you’ll join our employee stock ownership plan to further recognize your contributions to Forma.ai’s success
- Minimum vacation. All Formadillos (yup, that’s what we call ourselves!) are entitled to a minimum of 15 days vacation so you can rest and recharge
- Healthcare coverage. We have a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a paid parental leave program
- Learning and development. Access the resources you want to help you grow in your role by utilizing our $750 yearly training stipend
- Open communication. You’ll get to participate in weekly, company-wide stand-ups to understand our organizational priorities better
- Growth. You’ll have a huge opportunity to build a career for yourself and gain the type of experience you’re looking for – whether that’s as an individual contributor or as a people leader
- Work flexibility. Formadillos have the option to work where they are most productive, whether that’s in our Toronto office, from their home across Canada, or a combination of both.
- Work well, together. We’re real. We have kids and pets. Mortgages and student loans. We’re in this together, so no matter how brilliant any one of us is, we always play nice with one another – no exceptions.
- Be precise. Be relentless. We believe complacency breeds failure, so we set new goals as quickly as we achieve them. We persist in the face of adversity, learn from our mistakes, and push each other to continuously improve. The status-quo is kryptonite.
- Love our tech. Love our customers. Our platform solves a very complex problem in a currently underserved market. While everyone at Forma isn’t customer-facing, we’re all customer-focused. Maybe even slightly customer-obsessed.
Our commitment to you:
At Forma.ai, we’re diverse by design. We’re committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to have a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We’ll work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of effort. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. There are many paths to a successful career and we’re looking forward to reading yours.
Please note all interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest.