We’re looking for a Dev Ops Engineer to be part of our Engineering team.
Forma.ai is a Series A startup based in Toronto that’s reinventing sales intelligence for leading enterprise organizations. Forma.ai helps Fortune 500 companies automate and optimize sales compensation and critical sales operations functions.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We’re welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
About the team:
Forma.ai has created a data platform growing in complexity, with internal and external APIs, and user interfaces for internal teams. In the past year, we have migrated fully to AWS, implemented CI/CD with GitHub Actions (Enterprise), automated security controls for AWS SSO account users, integrated monitoring & alerting with DataDog, coded our infrastructure in Terraform, and much more! You will be working in a fun and innovative environment with minimal technical debt so you can really engineer solutions that generate a high ROI for the business.
We are also SOC1 and SOC2 compliant since we deal with sensitive customer data. This extra layer of security and process compliance is essential for many of our infrastructure tasks.
The team works closely by mentoring, providing constructive feedback, and instilling trust in one another to tackle any problem at hand. By doing so, we can problem-solve effectively and maintain a very functional team!
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Manager of Cloud Operations, the Dev Ops Engineer will be a fundamental team member by providing support to internal requests from colleagues as well as monitoring our systems. Like many startups, Forma.ai is at the beginning of our IT journey, however we have come a long way since the need for our team. So, by joining the team now, you’ll be helping us reach our next stage of growth!
You will be tasked with:
- Provide technical support to our staff for equipment management and use remote access software as required
- Responsible for monitoring our infrastructure alerts (via DataDog & Pingdom) and liaison with appropriate stakeholders to resolve the alert(s) in a prompt manner
- Maintain advanced knowledge of firm’s mission critical main software applications as well as a good working knowledge of all firm owned application software
- Update of the Technical Support database and providing reports as requested
- Communicate with all IT team members
- Provide input to help develop and implement Technical Support standards, policies and procedures, as well as providing experimentation and feedback on new software
- Support services and automation in MDM, Identity, Asset, EDR, O365 etc.
- Become acquainted with our backend and frontend code base alongside our Cloud (AWS) infrastructure and other tools
- Implement security best practices by collaborating with the security team
- Carry a smartphone during normal working hours
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong experience in IT
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Azure AD/Office 365 management and SSO integrations
- Effectively prioritize workload, demonstrate good judgment, and able to work under pressure
- Able to have a flexible schedule of being in the Downtown Toronto office (hybrid model)
Some Technologies We Use:
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Monitoring: DataDog, Pingdom, Veracode
- Documentation: SharePoint, Bookstack