Do you want to have an impact on a $1T industry?
Then you should consider joining Forma.ai! We’re looking for an Analytics Engineer to be part of our Analytics and Data Science team.
Forma.ai is a Series A startup based in Toronto that’s reinventing sales intelligence for leading enterprise organizations. Forma.ai helps Fortune 500 companies automate and optimize sales compensation and critical sales operations functions.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We’re welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Director of Analytics and Data Science, the Analytics Engineer will be a part of new customer implementations and help turn business requirements into code. Working with diverse data from customers across a variety of industries, you’ll build and optimize code for big data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
Please note, this role will be a blend of remote and on-site with a minimum of two days a week in the office.
A bit more about the team:
Forma.ai has a data platform that is growing in complexity, internal and external APIs, and user interfaces for internal teams. The Analytics and Data Science team is the bridge between our customers and the Engineering team. We work closely with the Customer Operations team to learn about our customers’ businesses and configure the Forma.ai platform to best support their incentive compensation programs.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in Python development
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Experience building automated data ingestion and ETL/ELT pipelines
- Ability to communicate business requirements with disciplines across multiple teams
- Strong sense of customer empathy
- Eagerness to exercise existing skills and acquire new ones, with a true passion for data
- Excitement to experiment with new technologies that improve the efficiency of current data ingestion processes
Nice to haves:
- PySpark and API experience is a bonus
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Python, Django, Postgres
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, GitHub Actions
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful compensation. In addition to your base salary, you’ll join our employee stock ownership plan to further recognize your contributions to Forma.ai’s success
- Minimum vacation. All Formadillos (yup, that’s what we call ourselves!) are entitled to a minimum of 15 days vacation so you can rest and recharge
- Healthcare coverage. We have a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a paid parental leave program
- Learning and development. Access the resources you want to help you grow in your role by utilizing our $750 yearly training stipend
- Open communication. You’ll get to participate in weekly, company-wide stand-ups to understand our organizational priorities better
- Growth. You’ll have a huge opportunity to build a career for yourself and gain the type of experience you’re looking for – whether that’s as an individual contributor or as a people leader
- Work flexibility. Formadillos have the option to work where they are most productive, whether that’s in our Toronto office, from their home across Canada, or a combination of both.
- Work well, together. We’re real. We have kids and pets. Mortgages and student loans. We’re in this together, so no matter how brilliant any one of us is, we always play nice with one another – no exceptions.
- Be precise. Be relentless. We believe complacency breeds failure, so we set new goals as quickly as we achieve them. We persist in the face of adversity, learn from our mistakes, and push each other to continuously improve. The status-quo is kryptonite.
- Love our tech. Love our customers. Our platform solves a very complex problem in a currently underserved market. While everyone at Forma isn’t customer-facing, we’re all customer-focused. Maybe even slightly customer-obsessed.
Our commitment to you:
At Forma.ai, we’re diverse by design. We’re committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to have a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We’ll work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of effort. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. There are many paths to a successful career and we’re looking forward to reading yours.
Please note all interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest.